Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 7/17/13, Western Asset Emerging Markets Debt Fund (ESD) will trade ex-dividend, for its monthly dividend of $0.12, payable on 7/26/13. As a percentage of ESD's recent stock price of $18.05, this dividend works out to approximately 0.66%, so look for shares of Western Asset Emerging Markets Debt Fund to trade 0.66% lower — all else being equal — when ESD shares open for trading on 7/17/13.
Below is a dividend history chart for ESD, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.12 declared by Western Asset Emerging Markets Debt Fund:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from ESD is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 7.98% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of ESD shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, ESD's low point in its 52 week range is $16.80 per share, with $22.84 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $18.09.
In Monday trading, Western Asset Emerging Markets Debt Fund shares are currently up about 0.1% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV