Sprint (NYSE:S) and NETGEAR ® Inc. (NASDAQGM: NTGR) today announced July 19 availability of two of the first tri-band 4G LTE devices from Sprint, the NETGEAR ® Zing Mobile Hotspot™ and the NETGEAR ® 341U USB Modem. These devices are designed to bring customers improved network performance and stronger in-building coverage by taking advantage of 4G LTE deployment on Sprint’s network (at 1.9GHz 800MHzand2.5GHz).
The three bands of spectrum accessible on these devices will provide Sprint customers a high-quality, consistently fast 4G LTE network experience, whether they are sitting at their desks, catching up with friends at a coffee shop, or relaxing on vacation.
- 800MHz spectrum being added to Sprint’s LTE network later this year excels at in-building coverage. This spectrum has been repurposed for LTE as Sprint ceased operations June 30 of the Nextel National Network.
- Sprint’s 1.9GHz spectrum acts as the primary band in its 4G LTE nationwide build-out. Average performance falls in the range of 6-8Mbps, peaking at 25Mbps, for downlink and 2-3Mbps for uplink.
- 2.5GHz spectrum, which excels at broad-based, high-speed coverage, is expected to provide Sprint customers increased speeds and capacity in densely populated cities.
Customers will be able to purchase the NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot for $49.99 (excluding taxes) after a $50 mail-in rebate via reward card 1 and the NETGEAR 341U USB Modem for $19.99 (excluding taxes) after $50 mail-in rebate via reward card 1. Pricing for both devices requires a new line or eligible upgrade, a two-year service agreement and can be purchased through www.sprint.com, Sprint retail stores, 1-800-SPRINT1 and Sprint Business Sales.
Sprint mobile broadband data plans for the Zing Mobile Hotspot start at $34.99 per month excluding taxes and fees for 3GB of combined 3G/4G data while on the Sprint network. For both the Zing Mobile Hotspot and the 341U USB device, customers can choose the $49.99 plan with 6GB of combined 3G/4G data or $79.99 plan with 12GB of 3G/4G data.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV