NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- HP (HPQ) has expanded its board of directors, bringing in former Liberty Media (LMCA) CEO Robert 'Dob' Bennett, former Microsoft (MSFT) Chief Software Architect Ray Ozzie and former McDonald's (MCD) CEO James Skinner.
The move grows HP's board to 12 directors from nine at a time when the no. 2 PC maker is in the throes of a massive corporate overhaul. CEO Meg Whitman is 19 months into an ambitious five-year effort to revitalize HP.
The former eBay (EBAY) chief has described fiscal 2013 as "a fix and rebuild year," with "recovery and expansion," "acceleration," and "industry-leading competition" characterizing the years 2014 through 2016.
"As we move forward with our turnaround, it's a huge benefit to be able to get advice from a board made up of such experienced business and technology leaders," said Whitman, in a statement released on Monday. "For their part, Dob, Ray and Jim have just about seen it all during their careers." In addition to joining HP's board, Bennett will also become a member of the company's Finance and Investment Committee and Audit committees, while Ozzie will join the Technology Committee and the Finance and Investment Committee. Skinner will join the Audit, HR and Compensation, and Nominating and Governance committees, according to HP's statement. HP said that it will continue to search for additional directors over the coming months, as well as a permanent non-executive chairman. While this search is under way, Ralph Whitworth will continue to serve as chairmanon an interim basis. HP shares crept up 0.08% to $26.24 shortly after market open on Monday. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV