Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced that Barnes & Noble stores across the country will host The Day the Crayons Quit Storytime and celebration on Monday, July 22, at 11 a.m.
Children ages 3-7 are invited to experience the joy of reading and storytelling through author Drew Daywalt’s adorable picture book with illustrations by New York Times bestseller Oliver Jeffers, the creator of Stuck and This Moose Belongs to Me.
In The Day the Crayons Quit, poor Duncan just wants to color, but when he opens his box of crayons, he finds only letters, all saying the same thing: His crayons have had enough! They quit! Beige Crayon is tired of playing second fiddle to Brown Crayon. Black wants to be used for more than just outlining. Blue needs a break from coloring all those bodies of water. And Orange and Yellow are no longer speaking – each believes he is the true color of the sun.
What can Duncan possibly do to appease all of the crayons and get them back to doing what they do best? Children and their parents participating in the Storytime will find out as they take part in an exceptional entertainment experience as the book is read aloud and children are invited to follow along on the critically acclaimed NOOK ® HD+, packed with pixels to deliver text, graphics and video with stunning HD clarity.The fun will continue at the store’s NOOK counter as booksellers invite children and parents to enjoy treats and explore the numerous creative apps on NOOK, which will keep even the littlest fans enthralled. With Google Play on NOOK HD and NOOK HD+, customers have access to more than 700,000 Android apps and games, millions of songs and more. Creative activities will round out the festivities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV