Men’s Wearhouse (NYSE: MW) today announced the findings of a nationwide survey that reveals how a single suit can transform a man’s life, making him feel more attractive, confident, and successful in professional situations as well social ones. The survey also reveals that men wearing suits find that people are nicer to them, more complimentary, more likely to take them seriously, and even more trusting.
“What you wear has a direct impact on how you feel, and wearing a suit not only helps you look your absolute best but also helps you feel your absolute best, no matter what situation you are in, from a job interview to a first date,” said Doug Ewert, Men’s Wearhouse President and CEO. “Our goal at Men’s Wearhouse is to help every customer find the perfect suit for any occasion.”
The study, conducted by Kelton Research, surveyed a nationally representative sample of more than 1,000 American men ages 18 and older and reveals —
A majority of suit-wearing men derive an increased sense of confidence, success, and even attractiveness just by wearing a suit.
- Close to seven in 10 (66 percent) of men say that when they wear suits, they feel more confident.
- Sixty-two percent of men admit they feel more successful and more intelligent (43 percent) when they wear a suit.
- Close to six in 10 (58 percent) of men say they feel more attractive when they wear a suit, and more than a third (34 percent) feel sexier.
- Nearly all men surveyed (92 percent) agree that when a man wears a suit, he makes a good first impression in professional situations, such as job interviews or client meetings.
- Nearly nine in 10 men (86 percent) think that when a man wears a suit, he makes a good first impression in social situations, such as dates or parties.
- Close to half of suit wearers say they think other people view them in a more positive light (48 percent) and seem to take them more seriously (42 percent) when they wear a suit.
- Close to one-third of suit wearers say that when they don a suit, people are not only nicer to them (32 percent) but are also more trusting (31 percent).
- A majority of men (88 percent) can remember at least one special event for which they wore a suit from their closet.
- About the same percentage of men (82 percent) associate many of their suits with positive or happy memories.
- One-third of suit owners (33 percent) still have the suit they wore when they celebrated a special moment in their child’s life. The same number of married guys (33 percent) held on to the suit they wore on their wedding day.
- Close to seven in 10 men who own suits (68 percent) admit they don’t currently wear all their suits, and the oldest suit they have hanging in their closet is nine years old.
- Close to four in 10 of suit owners (35 percent) admit that some of their suits no longer fit them.
- Nearly half of guys (46 percent) who don’t wear some of the suits they own admit they’ve kept them simply because they never really thought about getting rid of these pieces.
- But men are willing to give away their gently used suits to someone who can get more use out of them. Close to half (43 percent) of suit-wearing men have plans to give away some of their suits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV