Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of innovative, mission-critical communication solutions and services for government customers, and St. Johns County, Fla., today announced the acceptance of a new communications system with more than double the previous antenna sites to help increase radio coverage and interoperability with first responders throughout the region.
The $24.5 million Motorola ASTRO® 25 system is being used by public safety and public service agencies in St. Johns County and the City of St. Augustine, as well as City of St. Augustine Beach first responders. The P25 radio system gives the estimated 200,000 residents of St. Johns County enhanced coverage and interoperability with surrounding northeast Florida agencies, including Duval County/City of Jacksonville, Nassau County, Alachua and Marion.
- St. Johns County is using Motorola’s award-winning APX™ series of P25 mission-critical two-way radios, including APX 6500 mobile radios, APX 6000 portable radios and APX 7500 Consollettes, along with Motorola MCD 5000 Deskset Systems.
- The communications system also includes four dispatch centers with operators using Motorola MCC 7500 dispatch consoles to help ensure seamless integration into the ASTRO 25 network and allow emergency calls to be prioritized to connect no matter how busy the network.
- The new P25 simulcast system has more than double the number of sites that comprised the previous Very High Frequency (VHF) conventional radio system, increasing coverage, reliability and interoperability throughout the network.
- A redundant simulcast prime site and robust microwave network combine to further enhance reliability for this state-of-the-art mission-critical communications system.
SUPPORTING QUOTESCarl Shank, chief, St. Johns County Fire Rescue, St. Johns County, Florida “With the implementation of this new inter-governmental communications system, St. Johns County public safety responders have seen a dramatic improvement in our ability to communicate during emergency responses, both within our own agencies and also with other county agencies and departments through shared communications. The success of this project is a direct result of the working relationship developed between St. Johns County and Motorola during the design, construction and implementation of this system.” Marshall Wright, vice president, Sales and Services, Motorola Solutions “Motorola Solutions congratulates St. Johns County on its Project 25 radio system, completed in just 15 months in part because of the county’s expedited acquisition and preparation of several new antenna sites. St. Johns County first responders now benefit from Motorola’s APX radios that provide loud, clear audio and optimal functionality for better interoperable communications, improved mobility, officer safety and response time.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts