TORRANCE, Calif., July 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For the third year in a row, Toyota's 100 Cars for Good philanthropic program will invite the public to select another 100 worthy organizations nationwide that will receive a Toyota vehicle. Beginning July 22, registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations can apply online at www.100carsforgood.com explaining how a new vehicle would support their work. Based on individuals' votes, Toyota will give away two cars per day for 50 days to selected organizations.
Since 2011, 100 Cars for Good has put 200 cars on the road to benefit organizations and causes that touch real lives – from transporting disabled adults and taking zoo animals to schools, to restoring homes flooded by Superstorm Sandy.
Key dates and facts for the 2013 program:
- July 22 to Aug. 5 – Up to 2,500 applications will be accepted.
- Aug. 19 – The 250 finalists will be announced and will receive promotional materials to help raise awareness for their organizations during the voting period and in their work beyond.
- Oct. 1 – Voting will begin and continue for 50 consecutive days on Toyota's Facebook page, granting consumers two votes each day to select two separate winning organizations.
Each day, the two winners will be eligible to choose a Highlander, Prius, Sienna, Sienna Mobility or Tundra, which will also come with a six-year, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty from Toyota Financial Services. The remaining three runners-up every day will earn a grant of $1,000 from Toyota to recognize their efforts and encourage further good work."The 100 Cars for Good program elevates the positive impact nonprofits have on their communities," said Michael Rouse, vice president of diversity, philanthropy and community affairs for Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. "The program creates awareness by involving the public in the voting process, and the extra vehicle mobility helps to advance the goals of the selected organizations. This is a wonderful opportunity for Toyota to give back and demonstrate our commitment to communities across America." Each entrant is encouraged to post photos that highlight the group's community work. As a result, nonprofits organizations across the country have the opportunity to raise their social profiles and gain more advocates for their causes.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts