TORRANCE, Calif., July 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For the third year in a row, Toyota's 100 Cars for Good philanthropic program will invite the public to select another 100 worthy organizations nationwide that will receive a Toyota vehicle. Beginning July 22, registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations can apply online at www.100carsforgood.com explaining how a new vehicle would support their work. Based on individuals' votes, Toyota will give away two cars per day for 50 days to selected organizations.
Since 2011, 100 Cars for Good has put 200 cars on the road to benefit organizations and causes that touch real lives – from transporting disabled adults and taking zoo animals to schools, to restoring homes flooded by Superstorm Sandy.
Key dates and facts for the 2013 program:
- July 22 to Aug. 5 – Up to 2,500 applications will be accepted.
- Aug. 19 – The 250 finalists will be announced and will receive promotional materials to help raise awareness for their organizations during the voting period and in their work beyond.
- Oct. 1 – Voting will begin and continue for 50 consecutive days on Toyota's Facebook page, granting consumers two votes each day to select two separate winning organizations.
Each day, the two winners will be eligible to choose a Highlander, Prius, Sienna, Sienna Mobility or Tundra, which will also come with a six-year, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty from Toyota Financial Services. The remaining three runners-up every day will earn a grant of $1,000 from Toyota to recognize their efforts and encourage further good work."The 100 Cars for Good program elevates the positive impact nonprofits have on their communities," said Michael Rouse, vice president of diversity, philanthropy and community affairs for Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. "The program creates awareness by involving the public in the voting process, and the extra vehicle mobility helps to advance the goals of the selected organizations. This is a wonderful opportunity for Toyota to give back and demonstrate our commitment to communities across America." Each entrant is encouraged to post photos that highlight the group's community work. As a result, nonprofits organizations across the country have the opportunity to raise their social profiles and gain more advocates for their causes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV