CARLSBAD, Calif., July 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Life Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: LIFE) today announces the launch of EVOS® FL Auto Imaging System with an on-stage incubator designed to enable time-lapse, high-resolution live cell imaging in a fully automated system that is priced to make high-resolution, fluorescence microscopy simple and accessible for any lab.
Priced significantly less than other instruments on the market, the EVOS® FL Auto Imaging System is a fully integrated platform capable of meeting a broad range of research applications, from image tiling and multi-position well scanning to automated cell counting. When combined with the incubator system, which controls environmental temperature, oxygen and humidity directly on the instrument stage, the cell imaging system enables longer live cell culture monitoring sessions and time-lapse imaging.
"When I was a post doc, people spent more than a year getting a confocal system with live cell chamber to work," said Karen Schindler, assistant professor, Rutgers University, Department of Genetics. "When I started my lab, I looked for a system that was easy to use, had a small footprint and could support our finicky cells. I was skeptical to have the demo on the EVOS system done in two days. It was so easy. I realized even students with limited knowledge could use it."
Simple and Economical to UseAt the heart of the system is its intuitive and automated workflow, which underscores Life Technologies' commitment to developing innovative platforms that benefit its customers and support their cell analysis research. The EVOS® FL Auto Imaging System is designed for novice and experienced users alike with minimal upfront training requirements. The system's proprietary EVOS® LED light cubes also reduce operational costs, eliminating the need to replace burned-out arc lamps.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV