BRAMPTON, ON, July 15, 2013 /CNW/ - (TSX: L) - Real Canadian Superstore ®, Zehrs ®, Loblaws ®, Your Independent Grocers ® , Provigo ® , Maxi ®, Atlantic Superstore ® and no frills ®, among other Loblaw Companies Limited (Loblaw) banner stores, across Canada are pleased to announce that their Give a Little, Help a Lot™ and SMILE campaigns have raised $760K that will be distributed to local charities across Canada.
"The results of the Give a Little, Help a Lot™ and SMILE fundraising campaigns are a testament to the generosity of our customers and employees," said Peggy Hornell, senior director, Community Investment, Loblaw Companies Limited. "This campaign goes to show that a small $2 donation can add up quickly and result in making a big difference in the lives of those in our community."
Since 2008, more than $4.1 million has been raised through the Give a Little, Help a Lot™ and SMILE campaigns to assist local charities across Canada. For example, YMCA Ontario, SickKids Hospital in Toronto, Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario in Ottawa, London Health Sciences in London, Breakfast for Learning across Canada, Kidsport in Ontario and across Western Canada, Janeway Children's Hospital in Newfoundland and in Halifax, IWK Health Centre.
Loblaw's commitment to supporting
Canada's communities focuses on four key areas,
President's Choice ® Children's Charity, healthy active kids, feeding our neighbours and greening our communities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV