NEW YORK, July 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Submissions for first time presenters participating at the Charleston Conference open until August 23
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, announced it will sponsor the 2 nd annual Elsevier Library Connect Charleston Conference Award for first time presenters participating in the 33rd Annual Charleston Conference: Issues in Book and Serial Acquisition, November 6-9, 2013.
The 2013 Elsevier Library Connect Charleston Conference Award will provide up to US$1,500 to a qualifying librarian who has for the first time been accepted to present at the Charleston Conference in 2013. The awarded amount may be used for registration costs, economy class airfare and hotel expenses to attend the 33rd Annual Charleston Conference."The annual Charleston Conference is a welcoming forum that encourages collaboration and information sharing among the research library community," said Carol Diedrichs, one of the award judges and Director of University Libraries at The Ohio State University. "Elsevier's sponsorship of Library Connect Charleston Conference Award helps enable a librarian to join fellow colleagues at Charleston for the first time to share knowledge and celebrate new achievements." The 2012 Library Connect Charleston Conference Award winner, Ms. Maliaca Oxnam, a member of the University of Arizona Scholarly Publishing and Data Management Team, was selected by the committee in a blind judging for her session entitled "Moving Technical Reports Forward: New Roles for Libraries & Librarians"; she was one of four co-presenters. One recipient will be selected in 2013 by a panel of judges evaluating criteria, such as topic relevance to research libraries, innovativeness of the content, and demonstration of the value of libraries/librarians to the research process.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV