NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here are 10 things you should know for Tuesday, July 16:
1. -- U.S. stock futures were suggesting a flat open for Wall Street on Tuesday ahead of a key consumer inflation report.
European stocks were slipping following investor confidence data in Germany that came in below expectations.
Asian shares ended Tuesday's session mixed. Japan's Nikkei 225 added 0.6% to finish at 14,599.12.
2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Tuesday includes the Consumer Price Index for June at 8:30 a.m. EDT, industrial production and capacity utilization for June at 9:15 a.m., and the NAHB Housing Market Index for July at 10 a.m.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Monday gained for an eighth day on Monday as Citigroup's (C) better-than-expected second-quarter profit offset a slowdown in U.S. retail spending and broader growth in China, the world's second-largest economy. The S&P 500 rose 0.1% to close at 1,682.50 while the Dow Jones Industrial Average added 0.1% to 15,484.26. The Nasdaq advanced 0.2% to 3,607.49.
4. -- Goldman Sachs (GS) is expected by analysts to report on Tuesday second-quarter earnings of $2.82 a share on revenue of $7.98 billion. A year earlier, the investment bank posted profit of $1.78 a share.
5. -- Coca-Cola (KO), the world's biggest soft drinks maker, is forecast to report earnings of 63 cents a share in the second quarter on revenue of $12.96 billion.
6. -- Wall Street expects Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), the health care giant, to report second-quarter earnings of $1.39 a share on revenue of $17.71 billion. Shares of J&J have gained more than 28% in 2013.
7. -- Yahoo! (YHOO), the Internet company, reports earnings after the closing bell Tuesday and analysts expect second-quarter earnings of 30 cents a share. Tuesday marks the one-year anniversary of the arrival of Marissa Mayer as CEO at Yahoo! The stock has risen more than 70% since she took over the top spot.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV