How to Buy Real Estate With Your IRA (Especially If You're Young)
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- Have you identified a real estate hot spot, and do you want to buy property there?
If so, you can probably use an individual retirement account to get the job done.
RealtyTrac, an Irvine, Calif., real estate analytics firm, is out with a report listing the "Top 15" real estate hot spots in the U.S., along with some advice on how to use retirement plan vehicles to buy property in there.
The company ranks six Florida cities in its list of 15 retirement havens, including Dunnellon, Naples, North Fort Myers, Punta Gorda, Sun City, Venice and Orange County.Arizona and California accounted for two cities each, while Arkansas, Pennsylvania, Oregon, and New York had one city on the list. IRA or other retirement plan to buy that property (or even "properties"), experts advise only certain investors act now - mainly younger real estate buyers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV