AJC Condemns Harassment Of Palestinian-American NFL Player
NEW YORK, July 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- AJC is deeply disturbed by the harassment that a member of the New York Jets football team has endured due to his ethnicity.
Oday Aboushi, recently drafted by the New York Jets, was maliciously targeted by several online publications, after he addressed the El Bireh convention, an annual gathering of Palestinian-Americans. Aboushi's parents immigrated to the United States more than 40 years ago.
"We are privileged in the United States to live in a pluralistic society, where talented individuals of varying ethnic and faith backgrounds can pursue their dreams and excel in their professions," said AJC Executive Director David Harris."Maligning Oday Aboushi because of his ethnic background should be widely condemned by all Americans," Harris continued. "Aboushi is a young American of Palestinian descent, who aspires to fulfill his professional goal as an athlete and to contribute to American society. We look forward to seeing him play in the NFL and wish him every success." SOURCE American Jewish Committee
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV