Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold fell $0.48 (-1.7%) to $28.05 on light volume. Throughout the day, 11,748,331 shares of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 19,327,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $27.91-$28.50 after having opened the day at $28.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.53. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR (SBGL), down 42.9%, Asanko Gold (AKG), down 25.6%, Gold Resource (GORO), down 15.0% and China Gengsheng Minerals (CHGS), down 10.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about FCX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV