ArcelorMittal SA (MT): Today's Featured Basic Materials Laggard
ArcelorMittal (MT) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, ArcelorMittal fell $0.21 (-1.7%) to $12.11 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,450,139 shares of ArcelorMittal exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,577,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $11.97-$12.24 after having opened the day at $12.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.32. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR (SBGL), down 42.9%, Ceres (CERE), down 28.0%, Asanko Gold (AKG), down 25.6% and Gold Resource (GORO), down 15.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full ArcelorMittal Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV