LAKE MARY, Fla., July 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FARO Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: FARO) today announced that it entered into a settlement agreement with Nikon Metrology, Inc. (formerly Metris U.S.A., Inc.) and its affiliates. The settlement agreement resolves the pending patent litigation in the case captioned Metris U.S.A., Inc., et al. v. Faro Technologies, Inc., Civil Action No.: 08-cv-11187 (PBS), together with all related appeals. The parties to the settlement agreement have agreed to keep the terms of the settlement confidential.
FARO is the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software. Technology from FARO permits high-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes. The devices are used for inspecting components and assemblies, rapid prototyping, documenting large volume spaces or structures in 3D, surveying and construction, as well as for investigation and reconstruction of accident sites or crime scenes.
Approximately 15,000 customers are operating more than 30,000 installations of FARO's systems, worldwide. The Company's global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, FL; its European regional headquarters in Stuttgart, Germany; and its Asia/Pacific regional headquarters in Singapore. FARO has offices in Brazil, Mexico, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Netherlands, India, China, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand and Japan.More information is available at http://www.faro.com. SOURCE FARO Technologies, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV