Paychex, Inc., a leading provider of payroll, human resource, insurance, and benefits outsourcing solutions for America’s small- and medium-sized businesses, has been named to IDG Computerworld’s annual list of Best Places to Work in IT. The honor is given to organizations that challenge their IT staffs while providing great benefits and compensation. Paychex ranked number 77 on the 2013 list of Top 100 companies, the company’s ninth consecutive year on the list.
“In the nine years since Paychex first appeared on this list, technology has changed dramatically,” said Michael Gioja, Paychex senior vice president of IT, product management, and development. “Our product development and IT employees are excited to be applying this technology to our payroll and human resource service offerings, helping the company innovate with an industry-leading platform that marries technology with the superior customer service Paychex has always been known for.”
Among the top 100 companies on the Computerworld list, Paychex ranked number two for the number of training days offered its employees (an average of 18 days a year), and number 17 overall in the percentage of IT staff promoted in the past year (18%). In its employer profile of Paychex, Computerworld cited the company’s emphasis on employee wellness and IT employees’ focus on community service as reasons why IT professionals would want to work at Paychex.
"We applaud the organizations on the Best Places to Work in IT list for creating and sustaining dynamic IT work environments," said Scot Finnie, editor in chief of Computerworld. "This year, several new names have joined the stalwarts that make the list year after year. It's clear that the best IT workplaces are constantly raising the bar with great benefits, new learning opportunities, access to cutting-edge technologies, and challenging business-critical projects."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV