My final breakout trading idea today is Ruckus Wireless (RKUS), which provides carrier-class Wi-Fi solutions to service providers and enterprises to solve network capacity and coverage challenges. This stock has been destroyed by the bears so far in 2013, with shares down by 39%.
If you look at the chart for Ruckus Wireless, you'll notice that this stock has been uptrending strong for the last month, with shares soaring higher from its low of $10.24 to its recent high of $13.74 a share. During that uptrend, shares of RKUS have been consistently making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now pushed shares of RKUS within range of triggering a major breakout trade.Traders should now look for long-biased trades in RKUS if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $13.74 to its gap down day high of $15.40 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 1.27 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then RKUS will set up to re-fill some of its previous gap down zone from May that started at $19 a share. Any high-volume move above $19 a share could then take RKUS back above $21 a share. Traders can look to buy RKUS off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below its 50-day at $12.86 a share, or just below $12 a share. One could also buy RKUS off strength once it clears those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits a conformable percentage from your entry point. To see more breakout candidates, check out the Breakout Stocks of the Week portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Delafield, Wis.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV