Hamilton's new stadium to be called Tim Hortons Field
HAMILTON, ON, July 12, 2013 /CNW/ - Two of Hamilton's most celebrated brands, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Tim Hortons, today unveiled a landmark ten-year presenting partnership agreement that includes naming rights to Hamilton's brand-new, world-class stadium set to open in 2014 as Tim Hortons Field.
The Tiger-Cats and Tim Hortons have been proud partners for over 30 years and share deep Hamilton roots. In 1964, the first Tim Hortons was founded in Hamilton just blocks from the Tim Hortons Field site. 2014 will mark Tim Hortons' 50 th anniversary in Canada.
This fully integrated, landmark presenting partnership provides Tim Hortons with unprecedented branding, activation and in-stadium product integration opportunities while working together with the Tiger-Cats to continue their philanthropic efforts in Hamilton and other surrounding communities.Together, Tim Hortons and the Tiger-Cats will deliver $1 million to the charitable efforts of the Tim Horton Children's Foundation and the Tiger-Cats' Play Action minor football development program over the term of this partnership. SIGNIFICANT PRESENTING PARTNERSHIP COMPONENTS:
- Naming rights to Hamilton's brand new, world-class stadium - Tim Hortons Field - and premium branding opportunities throughout the stadium.
- Tim Hortons becomes the presenting sponsor of Tiger-Cats football, a distinction that includes prominent visibility on player jerseys and other premium partnership assets
- A wide variety of Tim Hortons and Cold Stone Creamery products will be available throughout the Tim Hortons Field concession stands.
- The development of an in-stadium museum celebrating the longstanding history of Tim Hortons, the Tiger-Cats and the City of Hamilton.
- Tim Hortons will become the Presenting Partner of the Tiger-Cats Play Action minor football development program, the team's comprehensive initiative to lead the development of minor football throughout the TigerTown region.