PITTSBURGH, July 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United States Steel Corporation (NYSE: X) today announced that David E. Hathaway Jr. has been advanced to the position of general manager – engineering projects, effective July 1, 2013. In this position, he oversees engineering projects at all North American U. S. Steel facilities. He is based at the company's headquarters and reports to Anthony R. Bridge, vice president-engineering and research and development.
Hathaway, 46, joined U. S. Steel in 2000 as a process engineer at Gary Works in Gary, Ind. Later that year, he transitioned to a project engineering role and began to advance through a series of increasingly responsible positions, including serving as the general manager – engineering at the company's former U. S. Steel Serbia facility and engineering site manager at Granite City Works (Ill.). His most recent assignment was project manager of the Continuous Annealing Line Project at PRO-TEC Coating Company, a U. S. Steel and Kobe Steel, Ltd. joint venture in Leipsic, Ohio. Prior to joining U. S. Steel, Hathaway worked for the former ICF Kaiser Engineers (now Hatch) in Pittsburgh.
Originally from Valparaiso, Ind., Hathaway graduated from Purdue University Calumet in 1993 with a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering technology. He is pursuing his master's in business administration through Indiana Wesleyan University. Hathaway, his wife Zuzana, and their two children have relocated to the Pittsburgh area.
For more information about U. S. Steel, visit www.ussteel.com.SOURCE United States Steel Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV