Morgan Stanley (MS)
Background: Morgan Stanley is a preeminent global financial services firm in securities, asset management and credit services. Morgan Stanley trades an average of 20 million shares per day with a market cap of $50 billion.
52-Week Range: $12.29 to $27.17Price To Book: 0.8 Investors are looking forward to improving second-quarter earnings before the market opens on Thursday. The consensus opinion is presently 44 cents a share, a progression of 15 cents (34.1%) from 29 cents during the corresponding period last year. Estimates range from a low of 31 cents up to the highest estimate of 53 cents per share. Morgan Stanley missed in two out of the last 12 quarters; however, I believe the odds favor a beat of at least 2 cents this report. Analyst opinion is mixed. Most of the analysts surveyed don't believe a buy or a sell should be made at this point. As I write this, Morgan Stanley has 12 buy recommendations out of 27 analysts covering the company, 14 holds, and one recommends selling. Five out of 27 analysts now rate Morgan Stanley a strong buy down from six analysts a month ago. For a company analysts are mostly rating a hold, the stock truly appreciated, gaining 69% in the last year, and the average analyst target price for Morgan Stanley is $27.00. The stock recently made a new 52-week high near the price target. Expect price target upgrades soon. MS Revenue Quarterly data by YCharts
At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @RobertWeinstein This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV