Although demonization of Omega-3 could be bad for the company's fish-oil business, the company generates nearly 70% of revenue from the sale of fish meal, which is used for animal feed. Last year, just 8% of revenue came from dietary supplement ingredients. Still, it will be interesting to see if there is a delayed reaction to the new Omega-3 controversy.
OME data by
What a week. Down is up, and up is down. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode in which George Costanza did the opposite of what he'd normally do, with great success. I wonder what's next?
Fatty foods are actually good for you? Soda has health benefits not previously realized? If that were the case, would Mayor Bloomberg (for whom I had great respect for his incredible private sector vision during the 17 years I worked for Bloomberg Financial Markets) reverse course and mandate that soda be sold in no smaller than 16 ounce containers?
I just don't know what to believe anymore.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @JonMHellerCFA This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV