SAN FRANCISCO, July 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform ( http://www.salesforce.com/), today announced it has completed its acquisition of ExactTarget, a leading cloud marketing platform used by more than 6,000 companies including Coca-Cola, Gap and Nike.
Salesforce.com's acquisition of ExactTarget furthers its mission of being the world's leading CRM platform—one that enables companies to transform how they connect with their customers across sales, service and marketing. By combining ExactTarget's leading digital marketing capabilities with salesforce.com's leading sales, service and social marketing solutions, salesforce.com will create a world-class marketing platform across email, social, mobile and the web.
The dramatic increase in consumer and business use of social networks, mobile devices and new digital technologies is causing a revolution in marketing, as budgets previously spent on traditional media are now moving to digital campaigns. Gartner estimates that by 2015 consumer technology companies will have switched one-third of their traditional marketing budgets to digital and CMOs will outspend CIOs on information technology by 2017.
The combination of ExactTarget and salesforce.com will increase the value proposition for customers of both companies. Salesforce.com customers will be able to extend their investments in sales, service and social marketing with access to the industry's most comprehensive marketing automation solution. ExactTarget's large and vibrant customer base will have access to new world-class social marketing capabilities and will be able to leverage salesforce.com's leading sales, service and platform solutions to transform their end-to-end customer experience.Comments on the News
- "The CMO is expected to spend more on technology than the CIO by 2017," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "The addition of ExactTarget makes Salesforce the starting place for every company and puts salesforce.com in the pole position to capture this opportunity."
- "By bringing together ExactTarget's industry-leading marketing automation and campaign management capabilities with salesforce.com's leading social marketing solutions—listening with Radian 6, publishing with Buddy Media, and advertising with Social.com—we will deliver the marketing platform of choice for CMOs," said Scott Dorsey, CEO, ExactTarget, a salesforce.com company. "Together, we will enable companies to transform how they connect with their customers across sales, service and marketing."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV