BANGALORE, India, July 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Consolidated results under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for the quarter ended June 30, 2013
- Revenues were $1,991 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 QoQ growth was 2.7% YoY growth was 13.6%
- Net profit was $ 418 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 QoQ decline was 5.9% YoY growth was 0.5%
- Earnings per American Depositary Share (EPADS) was $0.73 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 QoQ decline was 6.4% YoY unchanged.
- Liquid assets including cash and cash equivalents, available-for-sale financial assets, and government bonds were $4.1 billion versus $4.4 billion as on March 31, 2013
- Infosys and its subsidiaries added 66 clients during the quarter
- Gross addition of 10,138 employees (net addition of 575) for the quarter by Infosys and its subsidiaries
- 157,263 employees as on June 30, 2013 for Infosys and its subsidiaries
- Revenues are expected to grow 6% to 10%;
- We continue to see good momentum for our offerings in products and platforms space. Over nine clients, across countries have adopted Infosys products and platforms (excluding Finacle™).
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield awarded us a three-year managed services contract to create a cost-effective delivery model and drive efficiencies in application support. Infosys Public Services will set up a secure facility within its newly established delivery center in Rockville, Maryland to service the contract and help CareFirst to consolidate IT support services currently managed by multiple vendors.
- We announced a partnership with IPsoft to offer autonomics-based managed IT service to clients. IPsoft and Infosys will set up an Autonomics Center of Excellence and an Autonomics Lab at the Infosys Global Education Center in Mysore. The Center of Excellence will focus on developing technical competencies and training of Infosys employees; the Lab will develop proofs of concept and design autonomics solutions for clients.
- Our focus on Cloud and Big Data as new growth areas continue to yield results. The Cloud and Big Data business has executed over 100 engagements. Over the last quarter, Infosys won over 15 engagements across Cloud services and Big Data. Infosys was also invited to join the global Open Data Center Alliance (ODCA) as a contributing member to help define and strengthen worldwide industry standards to support enterprise cloud and big data requirements.
- Our clients continue to invest in using Mobility as a differentiator in their customer engagement, business and operations. Over 25 new engagements across various industries and areas like field services, customer engagement and enterprise efficiency, were started by us in the last quarter.
- Finacle™ sustained its business momentum in the last quarter with 15 new wins and 14 banks going live on Finacle™ across the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Central America. This includes the first Finacle™ customer in Mongolia and the first successful core banking implementation in recent times in Turkey.
- During the first quarter, Infosys applied for 18 unique patent applications in India and the U.S. With this, it has 528 patent applications undergoing various stages in the patent approval process in India, the U.S. and other jurisdictions, has been granted 106 patents by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and three patents by the Luxembourg patent office.