- Farm-Fresh Fare. Known for his ability to create complex yet approachable flavor profiles, Chef McClain's dynamic culinary expertise is exemplified with the diversity of FIVE50's menu – which features signature pizzas, Italian-inspired specialty dishes and home-style desserts – all prepared with the freshest seasonal ingredients. Highlights include:
- Pizza. FIVE50's 16-inch pies are baked to perfection in a wood-fired oven; the crispy crust blends properties of New York and Naples-style pizzas, but is a signature creation of Chef McClain's. Elevated with rich sauce and creamy cheese, flavors range from traditional to gourmet such as the Gotham, topped with pepperoni, sausage, salami, mozzarella and Grana Padano; and the Farmstead, with prosciutto, creme fraiche and country olives, finished with an over-easy farm egg. Other unique varieties include the clam-topped North Beach and Truffle pizzas. Guests also can create their own with choices of more than 20 toppings.
- Specialties. Accentuating guests' dining experience, FIVE50 offers an eclectic Meat & Cheese Bar featuring artisanal charcuterie and international cheeses. Flavorful small plates include Wood-Fired Clams and Linguica Sausage, Marinated Octopus Crostini, and Creamy Polenta and Farm Egg, to name a few. FIVE50's salads feature the best of seasonal produce with refreshing flavors such as Arugula and Fennel, and Heirloom Tomatoes with Burrata Cheese for summer. All pasta is hand-rolled daily; signature pastas include such options as Ricotta Cavatelli with pistachio pesto; and Pigs & Truffles, a rich, pork shoulder cannelloni with spinach, bechamel and summer truffles.
- Dessert. Home-style sweets with a gourmet spin offer the perfect ending to meals at FIVE50. Guests can enjoy an array of indulgences such as Milk Chocolate-Lavender Custard served layered in a miniature mason jar; the FIVE50 'Beer' Float with caramelized banana, malted milk ice cream, salted caramel and Young's Double Chocolate Stout; and a unique Ice Cream Sandwich, with a choice of ice cream flavor served between two pizzelle cookies and paired with a sip of Italian soda.
- Craft Beers. With more than 50 beers offered, FIVE50's all-American draft selection features 11 microbrews on tap with a focus on regional American craft varieties. Its eclectic bottle list showcases the best beer from around the globe. The menu includes seasonal offerings from labels such as Dogfish Head, Sierra Nevada and Las Vegas microbreweries, Tenaya Creek and Big Dog's; tried-and-true craft favorites such as Stone Arrogant Bastard and Rogue Dead Guy Ale; and premium imports like Chimay and Unibroue. FIVE50's beverage program is rounded out with three gluten-free beers, four ciders, an extensive by-the-glass wine list and specialty cocktails to satisfy all kinds of thirsty guests.
- Iconic Interior. Designed by Rockwell Group, FIVE50's architecture and aesthetics celebrate the craft of pizza with a palette of natural materials that reveal the maker's hand, reflecting the restaurant's culinary philosophy. Rockwell Group designed and selected furniture produced by small U.S. manufacturers and made from reclaimed materials. The restaurant is defined by three dynamic spaces: a reinterpretation of the classic pizza slice counter, a bustling main dining room with a spalted maple wood wall and a custom horseshoe-shaped bar. A semi-private dining area seats up to 10 guests and features a charred wood wall and a brass chain-link curtain.
- Street Art. Commissioned for the restaurant, a vibrant, one-of-a-kind mural – the city's first by LA art collective CYRCLE – reaches 15 feet high and spans 60 feet along the top of FIVE50's undulating wall. The black-and-white collage of vintage photos and iconography is a nod to America's young rebellion eras (1940s-60s) as well as Las Vegas' timeless, celebratory identity. Using mixed mediums and techniques, the work playfully examines history's generational divides while seeking to inspire dreamers of today with CYRCLE's regionally tailored manifesto, "We are Vegas! We never die!" boldly inscribed.
- Fashionable Uniforms. Taking inspiration from trendsetting neighborhoods of New York City, Los Angeles, Milan and Paris, staff uniforms are a statement in and of themselves, conceived by the FIVE50 team and custom designed by Barbara Bell, a Las Vegas native. Complementing the urban and sleek-yet-casual attire are signature sneakers, which include men's red high-top Converse, created exclusively by designer John Varvatos; and vibrant, metallic high-tops for female bartenders and servers.
- FIVE50 Fun. What's in a name? FIVE50 is inspired by the prime temperature at which Chef McClain's wood-fired pizza is cooked. Guests on-the-go can enjoy sizeable pieces of these signature pies for $5.50 at the restaurant's slice counter, which also serves two draft beer choices.
Shawn McClain's FIVE50 Pizza Bar Now Open At Vegas' ARIA Resort & Casino
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.