Wedbush analyst David Nierengarten came to the defense of GTx on Thursday following my story Wednesday explaining why the almost-completed phase III studies of the company's muscle-wasting drug enobosarm are likely to fail.
Nierengarten disagrees with my analysis and is telling clients to buy GTx because he believes the enobosarm phase III studies will succeed. I didn't find any of his rebuttals of the GTx bear thesis to be very persuasive, but one point he made does call out for a follow-up discussion.
In his GTx research note, Nierengarten says:"The opinion piece
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV