July 11, 2013
, Inc., a specialty sporting goods retailer, and
, a state-wide network of triathlon clubs in
, recently teamed up to provide a destination where the thriving triathlon community can go to gain expert insights while accessing the
equipment and gear
that makes crossing the finish line easier. The sport of triathlon continues to gain popularity, without any signs of slowing down. According to the 2012 USA Triathlon Demographics Report, triathlon participation across the U.S. reached an all-time high, boasting a 13.8 percent growth surge in 2012.
"Together we plan to provide a one-stop shop for clubs and individuals who want to participate in triathlons throughout
, chairman and chief executive officer of Sport Chalet. "Each of our store locations is equipped with seasoned experts who can provide advice for training and competing, while helping guide beginner triathletes quickly and safely through their experiences."
Sport Chalet is proud to partner with an organization that brings awareness to multisport activities and challenges individuals to stretch their athletic abilities. In addition to California Triathlon's efforts to promote a healthy and active lifestyle, the community-based organization supports a number of non-profit organizations that invite people to exercise for a cause.
, president of California Triathlon Network, added, "Sport Chalet's broad retail footprint, including the company's newest Figat7th location in
, provides the perfect stage to serve the multisport fanatic. Sport Chalet's vast assortment of swimming, cycling and running gear is further augmented by the team's proven counsel in knowing the right products and how to use them effectively. Our shared vision is to increase triathlon participation and remove any barriers of entry to support sport engagement among Californians."
Sport Chalet Experts bring seasoned training experience to assist those interested in participating in a triathlon for the first time—from analyzing an individual's running gait to offering guidance on how to conquer the longest leg of the race: cycling. Sport Chalet encourages beginners to keep the following tips in mind before hopping on their bikes:
- If the shoe fits: It doesn't always mean it's the right shoe. It's important to get properly fitted while sitting on your bike, so the brackets align with the way your knees are positioned to minimize stressful impact on joints. Sport Chalet offers in-store fittings to ensure bike settings support proper technique.
- Rack and Ride: Bike racks ensure your tailored adjustments stay in place without having to disassemble your bike before the big race.
- Handle the distance: like your car, your tires need to be properly inflated to ensure you can safely make it through the race. In-store experts can walk you through proper bike tune-ups.
- Take a seat: make sure you have the proper seat or seat cushion to support your weight and ensure the ride is as comfortable as possible.
- Stay hydrated: this may seem obvious, but there are a number of water bottle options that easily connect to your bike to help you hydrate while racing like a pro.
For more information, visit
, or check
for upcoming triathlons. To speak with a Sport Chalet Expert or for additional media inquiries, contact
About Sport Chalet
Sport Chalet (Nasdaq: SPCHA, SPCHB) is a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer featuring the industry's top sports brands in apparel, footwear, and sports equipment. Founded in 1959 by
, the company has 53 stores in
; an online store at
; a Team Sales division; and offers more than 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. For more information, visit Sport Chalet at
About California Triathlon Network
California Triathlon Network is a 501(c)(3), community service group that promotes a healthy, active lifestyle through the sport of triathlon. Started in 2010, California Triathlon has quickly grown to over 1,600 members and is affiliated with over 35 multisport clubs. California Triathlon actively supports a number of charitable causes including Girls on the Run, City of Hope, MS Bike Ride and Rose Bowl Legacy. For more information on California Triathlon please visit
SOURCE Sport Chalet