Progressive Corporation (PGR): Today's Featured Insurance Laggard
Progressive Corporation (PGR) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Progressive Corporation fell $0.28 (-1.1%) to $25.74 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,161,631 shares of Progressive Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,009,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $25.31-$25.98 after having opened the day at $25.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.02. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Aegon (AEG), down 2.2%, Life Partners Holdings (LPHI), down 1.8%, Atlas Financial Holdings (AFH), down 1.6% and CNinsure (CISG), down 1.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Progressive Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV