Verizon Communications Inc (VZ): Today's Featured Technology Winner
Verizon Communications (VZ) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Verizon Communications rose $0.67 (1.3%) to $51.21 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,150,101 shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,529,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.77-$51.29 after having opened the day at $51.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.54. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Wave Systems Corporation (WAVX), up 35.1%, SatCon Technology Corporation (SATC), up 16.7%, Radcom (RDCM), up 15.4% and Elephant Talk Communications (ETAK), up 15.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV