First Trust Advisors L.P., the Fund’s investment advisor, along with its affiliate First Trust Portfolios L.P., are privately-held companies which provide a variety of investment services, including asset management and financial advisory services, with collective assets under management or supervision of approximately $70 billion as of June 30, 2013 through unit investment trusts, exchange-traded funds, closed-end funds, mutual funds and separate managed accounts.
Energy Income Partners, LLC (“EIP”) serves as the Fund’s investment sub-advisor and provides advisory services to a number of investment companies and partnerships for the purpose of investing in MLPs and other energy infrastructure securities. EIP is one of the early investment advisors specializing in this area. As of June 30, 2013, EIP managed or supervised approximately $4.0 billion in client assets.
Past performance is no assurance of future results. Investment return and principal value of an investment in the Fund will fluctuate. Shares, when sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
Principal Risk Factors: This closed-end fund invests in a portfolio consisting primarily of securities issued by MLPs. Investment in the Fund involves risks of fluctuations in energy prices, decreases in the supply of or demand for energy commodities, increased government regulation, national disasters and various other risks. The use of leverage for investment purposes increases both investment opportunity and investment risk. The risks of investing in the Fund are spelled out in the prospectus, shareholder report and other regulatory filings.The Fund’s daily NYSE MKT closing price and daily net asset value per share as well as other information are available at www.ftportfolios.com or by calling 1-800-988-5891.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV