National Beverage Corp. (NASDAQ:FIZZ) today reported results for Fiscal 2013.
For the year ended April 27, 2013 ‒
- Revenues increased to $662 million, up 5%
- Net income increased to $47 million, up 7%
- Earnings per share increased to $1.01, up 6%
“This was a year that witnessed consumer trends/mood severely change their preferences. It is very tempting to write about all the challenges; from corn costs to horrific explosions – to fear-induced bomb or tornado catastrophes, but why do that? Instead, we count our blessings for results that are far better than our industry peers anticipated,” stated Nick A. Caporella, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
“One can read our regulatory filings to learn more of why and how this great year came about. Instead, I would like to share some feelings,” continued Caporella.“Our most recent dividend; the appreciation of our common stock; the diligence of our devoted team; the health and wellness of our brands and the good blessings bestowed upon us . . . make us extremely grateful and humbly appreciative! Thank you,” Caporella continued. “This writing in July, significantly into our first quarter, finds our nation and our world at the mercy of all the dilemma that has been present for so long – and I sense a more weary, more anxious and more challenged consumer – one that is harassed by nearly every issue and everyone . . . one that wants normalcy to return and quickly." “Last May and June, we had picnic weather and record revenues; this year witnessed no picnics, sickening explosions and weeks of tornados. This fiscal year 2014, our performance will demand a rare form of excellence. Our past being the ultimate barometer, certainly we have what it takes to do – just that!” concluded Caporella. National Beverage’s iconic brands are the genuine essence . . . of America. Our company is highly innovative as a pace-setter in the changing soft-drink industry, featuring refreshment products that are geared toward the lifestyle/health-conscious consumer. Shasta® – Faygo® – Everfresh® and LaCroix® are aligned with Rip It® energy products to make National Beverage . . . America’s Flavor•Favorite – soft-drink company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV