3 Stocks Pulling The Financial Sector Downward
2. As of noon trading, SunTrust Banks ( STI) is down $0.59 (-1.7%) to $33.34 on average volume. Thus far, 2.1 million shares of SunTrust Banks exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $33.27-$34.45 after having opened the day at $34.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.93. SunTrust Banks, Inc. operates as the holding company for SunTrust Bank that provides various financial services in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Consumer Banking and Private Wealth Management, Wholesale Banking, and Mortgage Banking. SunTrust Banks has a market cap of $18.5 billion and is part of the banking industry. Shares are up 19.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate SunTrust Banks a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates SunTrust Banks as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full SunTrust Banks Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts