HOPKINTON, Mass., July 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Forrester Research, Inc., positions EMC Syncplicity as a Leader in July 2013 "The Forrester Wave™: File Sync and Share Platforms, Q3 2013" report
- EMC Syncplicity receives highest score possible across several categories including security, administration, and mobile strategy
- According to Forrester, file sync and share is an anchor feature of document collaboration and a must-have capability
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced that EMC ® Syncplicity has been positioned as a "Leader" by Forrester Research, Inc. in its July 2013 report, "The Forrester Wave™: File Sync and Share Platforms, Q3 2013." Forrester evaluated 16 of the most significant file sync and share providers across 26 criteria and recognized Syncplicity as a leader for its strong offering and solid strategy for success, receiving the highest score overall in content analytics, and the highest scores possible in security model, administration, content analytics, mobile strategy, sales staff, among other categories.
Forrester regards file sync and share a must-have capability stating, "file sync and share is borne of two requirements: the need to sync files on all devices and share files with colleagues and partners. These two capabilities cover scenarios ranging from email attachment replacement to file system replacement, from casual partner collaboration to compliant workflow in regulated industries."In recognizing Syncplicity as a leader, Forrester states that EMC has created a strong offering by combining its global sales and service capacity with Syncplicity's solid capabilities. Forrester highlighted several strengths including security, and deployment flexibility. The report also noted that "EMC has done a good job of driving integration between Syncplicity and the existing Documentum portfolio with content and workflow integration. So organizations with significant investments in EMC's enterprise content management system or EMC's storage products should give Syncplicity a hard look." The Forrester report also notes that, "Syncplicity is a fit for organizations that require very tight control over content location – cloud versus on-premises – as well as fine-grained controls over the content itself."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts