WAUWATOSA, Wis., July 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Waterstone Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ: WSBF) announced today that the Order to Cease and Desist (the "Order") previously issued by its federal banking regulator was terminated effective July 9, 2013. The Order was issued by the Office of Thrift Supervision in December 2009 and has been terminated by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
Doug Gordon, President and Chief Executive Officer of Waterstone Financial, Inc., holding company for WaterStone Bank (the "Bank"), attributes the successful termination of the Order to the employees of the Bank and its wholly owned subsidiary, Waterstone Mortgage Corporation. "Our teams have worked diligently to improve operations and return to profitability," commented Gordon. "It is their hard work and dedication that have strengthened our organization."
Waterstone Financial reported net income of $34.9 million for the year ended December 31, 2012 compared to a loss of $7.5 million for the prior year. The Company reported net income of $4.6 million and $2.2 million for the three months ended March 31, 2013 and 2012 respectively.
SOURCE Waterstone Financial, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV