Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation (NYSE: ANH) shares currently have a dividend yield of 11.90%. Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation operates as a real estate investment trust in the United States. The company primarily invests in the United States agency mortgage-backed securities, which are securities representing obligations guaranteed by the U.S. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.11. The average volume for Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation has been 1,440,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation has a market cap of $728.7 million and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 13.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $313.89 million or 14.03% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -14.81%.
- The gross profit margin for ANWORTH MTG ASSET CORP is currently very high, coming in at 91.01%. Regardless of ANH's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ANH's net profit margin of 54.18% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 18.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $29.12 million to $23.62 million.
- ANWORTH MTG ASSET CORP's earnings per share declined by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ANWORTH MTG ASSET CORP reported lower earnings of $0.68 versus $0.90 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 22.1% in earnings ($0.53 versus $0.68).
- You can view the full Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts