With music in its DNA and millennials in its sights, Aloft Hotels, the fast-growing brand from Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) kicked off the 2013 installment of its successful global talent discovery competition, Project Aloft Star, with a special concert featuring 2012 Project Aloft Star winners Hits opening for Avril Lavigne. The hotel brand with its ear to the ground has teamed up with internationally renowned cutting-edge style and emerging pop-culture, multimedia authority and lifestyle brand, NYLON, in its quest to find the next big thing in music for the second year in a row.
Project Aloft Star is just one part of Aloft’s growing music agenda which also includes the “Live at Aloft Hotel” music series.
Starting today, until July 26, 2013, unsigned bands and artists will have a chance at breakout success with Aloft and NYLON paving the way. Groups must submit a recording of an original song to the contest page at LiveAtAloftHotels.com. Once submissions close, a panel of expert judges – including NYLON’s editor-in-chief Marvin Scott Jarrett – will narrow the entries down to the top five acts. Then, it’s up to Aloft’s Facebook fans to vote on their favorite finalist and help select the winner. Fan voting begins on July 30 th and lasts until August 20, 2013. Project Aloft Star 2013 winner will be announced in September on Facebook and will be featured in NYLON’s October issue.
"My advice to people out there who are trying to make it is to do whatever it is that you possibly can. Use all your resources, I did whatever I could,” said NYLON cover star Avril Lavigne. “You have to do your best to expose yourself and get your music out there. I think it comes down to, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be, but it never ever comes for free. You have to work very hard at it.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV