- The ComEd operations team will engage the company's mobile operations center, which houses 25 engineers, dispatchers and other key storm response team members and is fully equipped with the latest communications, satellite and video conferencing technology.
- The Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) will deploy its mobile Business Emergency Operations Center (BEOC) for the first time. During the drill, the mobile BEOC will house private industry representatives from the weather-affected, geographic locations to share a common operating picture and coordinate response integration with these partners.
- During the drill, Illinois will address strategic command and control recommendations through the utilization of components of the State Incident Response Center (SIRC) during this emergency to coordinate resources for response efforts.
- The Will County Emergency Management Agency will be deploying its Mobile Incident Command Center. Additional Will County agencies that will play a role in this exercise, and which will be stationed inside the command center, are the Will County Sheriff's Office and Highway Departments and the Channahon Police and Fire Departments. Under a unified command structure, these agencies will discuss, work through, and respond to specific operational and logistical situations in managing a catastrophic weather event.
- The Citgo refinery in Lemont will perform an exercise with ComEd officials simulating a complete power loss to the facility.
- ComEd is simultaneously opening six of its joint operating centers (JOCs) to simulate response coordination with local municipalities in the affected areas. More than 130 communities are represented by the six JOCs participating in the drill. ComEd introduced JOCs last year as one of its storm process improvements. At each JOC, typically located within a county building, ComEd interfaces with municipal officials to prioritize restoration of critical facilities, like police and fire stations, hospitals and senior centers.
ComEd Leads Its First-Ever Statewide Emergency Drill
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts