The latest Active Trader Sentiment Survey also revealed:
- Embracing Stocks and ETFs. Survey respondents plan to stay in the market in the next three to six months – for those planning to invest in equities, 77 percent say they plan to purchase individual stocks, 72 percent say they’ll buy ETFs and a quarter plan to trade options.
- Tech is Tops. A quarter of respondents say they are most bullish on the technology sector, up from just 16 percent in April. Other sectors viewed favorably include healthcare (17 percent), energy (15 percent) and financials (13 percent).
- Opening Up to Options. Twenty-eight percent of survey respondents say they currently trade options and 11 percent say they plan to start trading options in the next twelve months.
- Summer Break? Active traders are split on how actively they trade during a summer vacation. Thirty-nine percent expect to keep an eye on their portfolio, but won’t trade much; nearly the same number (38 percent) said the ability to trade anytime from anywhere is a must – vacation or not.
Schwab provides active traders with superior trading platforms, free seminars and workshops, online education resources and 24-hour access to experienced trading specialists, with no minimum trade requirements. For more information, please visit www.schwab.com/AT or call 888-245-6864.
Follow us on Twitter: @Schwab4Traders.
About Charles SchwabAt Charles Schwab we believe in the power of investing to help individuals create a better tomorrow. We have a history of challenging the status quo in our industry, innovating in ways that benefit investors and the advisors and employers who serve them, and championing our clients’ goals with passion and integrity. More information is available at www.aboutschwab.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and our Schwab Talk blog. Disclosures Options carry a high level of risk and are not suitable for all investors. Certain requirements must be met to trade options through Schwab. Please read the Options Disclosure Document titled "Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options" before considering any option transaction. Call Schwab at 1-800-435-4000 for a current copy. Supporting documentation for any claims or statistical information is available upon request.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV