The chipmaker shrugged off statistics on ongoing declines in PC shipments, climbing 1.08% to reach $23.50. Intel was also one of the most active pre-market Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 353,835.
HP (HPQ), which is now the No. 2 PC maker after Lenovo, according to Gartner's (IT) latest research, also shrugged off the PC declines. The Palo Alto, Calif.-based tech giant gained 1.23% to reach $26.25.
Once again, Sirius XM (SIRI) was a pre-market mover, rising 1.39% to $3.64 on Nasdaq share volume of 331,697. Earlier this week, Sirius announced it added 715,000 net new subscribers during the second quarter, taking its total subscribers to more than 25 million.Shares of Facebook (FB) and BlackBerry (BBRY) were also heading northward, climbing 1.24% to $26.12 and 0.97% to $9.37, respectively. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV