HOPKINTON, Mass., July 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC Corporation has signed an agreement to acquire privately-held ScaleIO, a pioneer in scalable server-based storage software.
- ScaleIO accelerates EMC's strategy to deliver Flash across the entire server and storage infrastructure.
- The all-cash transaction is not expected to have a material impact to EMC GAAP or non-GAAP EPS for the full 2013 fiscal year.
- Additional details from EMC and ScaleIO management are located on the EMC Pulse News Blog.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held ScaleIO, a pioneer in server-side storage software. The acquisition will further strengthen the EMC ® Flash portfolio by combining ScaleIO's highly scalable server software with PCIe Flash cards, such as EMC XtremSF™, in Enterprise Private Cloud and Service Provider environments.Upon closing, ScaleIO will operate within the EMC Flash Product Division. ScaleIO and its Elastic Converged Storage (ECS) software will become an integral part of the EMC XtremSW ™ Suite, which EMC introduced earlier this year with the goal of enabling customers to better utilize and manage server-based PCIe Flash storage. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. The all-cash transaction is not expected to have a material impact to EMC GAAP or non-GAAP EPS for the full 2013 fiscal year. ScaleIO takes a software-only approach to creating a virtual pool of server-based storage by logically combining SSDs, PCIe Flash cards, HDDs—or any combination of these devices. ScaleIO provides support for both virtualized and non-virtualized environments and scales from tens to thousands of servers. EMC is committed to enabling customers to deploy Flash across their entire server and storage infrastructures. The EMC Xtrem™ Family of products deliver server-side hardware and software (through XtremSF PCIe cards and XtremSW Suite) and all-Flash arrays (through XtremIO™). EMC also leads the market in Flash-optimized hybrid arrays with EMC VMAX ® and EMC VNX ® storage. EMC Executive Quote: David Goulden, President and Chief Operating Officer, EMC "Flash now permeates every layer of IT—in virtualized and non-virtualized environments. Enterprise workloads are diverse in nature, and EMC is committed to offering our customers and partners choice in their Flash deployments. ScaleIO is a natural extension to our best-of-breed portfolio. It strengthens our product capabilities in the area of server-side storage and brings a world class team that will undoubtedly enable us to innovate more quickly in the future."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts