Navidea Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE MKT: NAVB), a biopharmaceutical company focused on precision diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals, today announced that it will co-sponsor the 2013 Alzheimer’s Imaging Consortium on July 13, 2013. The full-day event features leading international experts and will be chaired by Drs. Gil Rabinovici, University of California, San Francisco, United States, and Christopher Rowe, Austin Health, Melbourne, Australia. The Consortium is part of the Alzheimer’s Association International Conference (AAIC), being held July 13 – 18, 2013, in Boston, Mass. The annual AAIC is attended by leaders in dementia research and medicine from around the globe, and is the largest conference of its kind in the world.
“We are honored that Navidea is supporting the Alzheimer’s Imaging Consortium, because education and peer-to-peer scientific dialogue are fundamental to advancing important clinical knowledge that can lead to more informed diagnosis and improved care for patients with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias,” said Dr. Connie Reininger, Navidea’s Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer.
“Navidea’s commitment to advancing precision diagnostics encompasses our neuroimaging candidates NAV4694, in development for use as an aid in the diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease and potentially Mild Cognitive Impairment; and NAV5001, which we are developing to aid in the evaluation of patients who may have dementia with Lewy Bodies, in addition to its benefits in the diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease,” commented Dr. Mark Pykett, Chief Executive Officer of Navidea.
The Alzheimer's Imaging Consortium will consist of invited speakers, as well as oral and poster presentations from submitted abstracts. Leading imaging and non-imaging researchers from around the world will discuss topics such as:
- Early and differential diagnosis and the proposal for new criteria;
- Tracking progression and evaluating treatments;
- Asymptomatic stages of Alzheimer's and normal brain aging;
- Cognitive and basic neuroscientific studies: animal imaging, imaging and genetics;
- Multi-modality imaging studies and new imaging methods; and
- The latest developments on other dementias such as Lewy body disease and vascular diseases.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV