MARYSVILLE, Ohio, July 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE:SMG), the global leader in the consumer lawn and garden industry, today announced that it has named Ivan Smith executive vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary. The 10-year veteran of the Company replaces former executive vice president Vincent Brockman, who resigned to pursue other interests.
"Ivan possesses tremendous legal knowledge and experience and has been a strong leader throughout his career," said Jim Hagedorn, chairman and chief executive officer. "His sound judgment and business acumen will serve ScottsMiracle-Gro well in the years to come."
In his new position, Smith has overall leadership responsibility for the Company's global legal function and activities. Since 2009, he has served as assistant general counsel and vice president. In this role, Smith provided counsel for the Company's Global Consumer segment. Smith joined ScottsMiracle-Gro in 2003 as associate general counsel and director of litigation.
"Ivan is highly regarded by our operators for his extensive knowledge of the business," said Barry Sanders, president and chief operating officer. "They rely on his counsel on all aspects of operations, including major transactions, partnerships and sales and marketing activities."Prior to joining the Company, Smith was a litigator with the international law firm Jones Day. He received a bachelor's degree from Miami University and received his Juris Doctorate degree from The Ohio State University. He lives in Westerville with his wife and two children. "Since joining us in 2002, Vince has provided valuable counsel and direction of our legal and compliance efforts," said Hagedorn. "I thank him for the contributions he provided to ScottsMiracle-Gro and our shareholders during his years of outstanding service, and I wish him and his family well."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV