Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (NASDAQ: CY) announced that it will host an awards dinner this evening for its founders and 55 C-Level Cypress alumni who spent significant time honing their management skills at the company. The event, which will be held this evening at the Donato Enoteca restaurant in Redwood City, Calif., is part of Cypress’s 2013 celebration of the 30th anniversary of its founding.
The Cypress Founders Dinner will honor the executives who have helped to shape Cypress into what The Wall Street Journal has described as “the quintessential entrepreneurial company," and who have cut their teeth in Cypress’s process- and measurement-driven management systems, which have long been the focus of books, the business and trade media, B-School case studies, and industry trade groups.
“Cypress is proud to have contributed to the training of CEOs who have helped shape Silicon Valley and the broader high-tech industry,” said T.J. Rodgers, Cypress founder, president and CEO. “We decided to take the time to recognize not just our founders, but 55 former employees who have advanced to the most senior levels of management in companies that are part of the American economic miracle called Silicon Valley.”
Four former Cypress executives who’ve ascended to the C-Level at companies larger than Cypress will receive particular honors from Mr. Rodgers at the Cypress Founders Dinner:
- Ahmad Chatila, the CEO of SunEdison Inc., formerly MEMC Electronic Materials Inc., who served as the executive vice president of Cypress’s Memory Products Division
- Lothar Maier, the CEO of Linear Technology Inc., who served as the EVP of Cypress’s manufacturing operations
- Dan McCranie, the chairman of ON Semiconductor Corp. and the chairman of Freescale Semiconductor Corp., who served as Cypress’s EVP of Sales and Marketing
- Tom Werner, CEO of SunPower Corp., the world’s largest solar power company, who led his company to its IPO and a $2.55 billion spin-out to Cypress shareholders in 2008
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts