Dreaming of a home with a place for everything and where you can put everything in its place? It can be a reality with a new KB home. KB Home’s (NYSE: KBH) proprietary market research has shown that storage space is a top priority for homebuyers, as many have had to cope with a lack of storage in an apartment or older home. This is why KB Home designs its new homes to maximize and optimize storage space. While home designs vary by market, some appealing features of new KB homes that can help homeowners better corral their possessions include:
- Walk-in closets: walk-in closets are an integral part of almost all KB Home’s floor plans, with some even offering dual walk-in closets or expanded closets in secondary bedrooms.
- Under-stair storage: no nook or cranny is wasted with space under the stairs in two- and three-story homes available to keep extra chairs, holiday décor or pet supplies out of sight.
- Kitchen island shelving and cabinets: the kitchen island becomes a double-duty workhorse when it provides not only a workspace or area for food prep, but also additional storage for lesser-used small appliances, serving dishes and cookbooks.
- Pantries: a pantry is a rare thing to find in many apartments, but it’s rare to find a new KB home without one. Many floor plans include super-size pantries, some walk-in, perfect for stowing all the essentials along with a haul from the warehouse club store.
- Garage shelving: your garage is not just the place for your bikes, scooters and cars to call home—optional shelving and organization systems can help you create a workshop with a place for tools, gardening supplies and more.
- Laundry room storage: for many new homeowners, it’s a thrill to even have a washer and dryer in their home, let alone a place to keep all the detergent, fabric softener and stain solutions neatly hidden away in cabinets. Laundry rooms can also be designed with sinks to help with pretreating and handwashing.
- Linen closets: many KB home plans feature spacious linen closets in a hallway or master suite—providing the perfect spot for extra linens, cleaning supplies or even kids’ toys or family games.
- Smart cabinetry solutions: optional features available at the KB Home Design Studio can help make organizing your kitchen even easier. Pull-out trays installed in lower cabinets mean no more getting down on your hands and knees to get that stock pot out from the very back. A Lazy Susan incorporated into a corner cabinet eliminates wasted space while keeping contents accessible.
These are just some of the storage spaces and options available for many KB home designs and at the KB Home Design Studio. To learn more, and find a KB Home location near you, visit kbhome.com or call 888-KB-HOMES.