JACKSONVILLE, Fla., July 11, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Stein Mart, Inc. (Nasdaq:SMRT) today reported that total sales for the five-week period ended July 6, 2013 increased 2.6 percent and comparable store sales increased 6.5 percent.
The table below shows total sales for the period ended July 6, 2013 compared to the period ended June 30, 2012, while comparable store sales measures the period ended July 6, 2013 against the respective period ending July 7, 2012.
|Total Sales (in millions)||Total Sales||Comparable Store Sales|
|June (5 weeks)||$109.0||$106.3||2.6%||6.5%||-0.5%|
|Quarter-to-date (9 weeks)||$216.3||$209.9||3.1%||7.3%||1.2%|
|Year-to-date (22 weeks)||$537.7||$519.6||3.5%||3.6%||0.2%|
Linens, ladies' casual sportswear and ladies' boutique posted the strongest sales for the month, while men's sportswear, ladies' accessories and ladies' special sizes were not as strong. Geographically, June sales were strongest in the Southeast, Texas, Florida and the Gulf States, while the Midwest, Northeast and California performed lower than the chain."Our June comparable store sales increase of 6.5 percent continues our strong sales trend," said Jay Stein, Chief Executive Officer. "I am pleased with our momentum and the great merchandise we have in our stores." The Company operated 262 stores at the end of June this year compared to 263 stores last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV