The National Veteran Small Business Coalition has presented Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS) with its Champions of Veteran Enterprise award. Harris was one of twelve companies honored at the Veteran Entrepreneur Training Symposium in Reno, Nevada.
The company was recognized for surpassing its goals for contracting with veteran-owned small businesses in 2012.
Harris is a long-time supporter of supplier diversity and is committed to aiding the development of veteran-owned businesses and service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses (SDVOSBs). Most recently, the Department of State approved Harris’ mentor-protégé agreement with TJ Westlake, LLC, an SDVOSB. Under the three-year program, Harris will train TJ Westlake employees on program management and business acquisition processes.
“Harris is honored to be recognized for our commitment to developing service-disabled and veteran-owned small businesses,” said Wayne Lucernoni, president, Harris IT Services. “We value our relationships with our small business partners and the innovations they bring to our industry—and ultimately our customers.”Additional information about Harris Corporation’s supplier diversity program is available here. About Harris Corporation Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 125 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $5.5 billion of annual revenue and about 15,000 employees—including 6,000 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications ® products, systems and services. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at harris.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV