NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- They might not have jobs yet, but 2013's college graduates still need wheels to get around -- and here are five great models they (or gift-giving parents) should consider buying.
"These are all affordable, sharp-looking cars with good performance -- and some have a practicality to them as well," says John DiPietro of car-buying site Edmunds.com, which recently named 2013's Best Cars for College Graduates.
Edmunds compiled its fourth-annual list by asking readers to rank some two-dozen 2013 models that cost around $25,000 and offer good looks, a fun driving experience and the kind of features 20-somethings want.
DiPietro says the candidate models included more than just econoboxes, as "not all college graduates are alike. Some business grads need formal-looking cars to take associates at a new job to lunch, while other kids want something sportier."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV