ALBANY, N.Y. and BILLERICA, Mass., July 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Entegris, Inc. (Nasdaq:ENTG) announced that its handling and shipping products for the safe, reliable transport and processing of 450mm wafers were selected by the Global 450mm Consortium (G450C), headquartered at SUNY's College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering (CNSE) in Albany, New York, for use in the development of 450mm wafer technology.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=19821
G450C is a public-private partnership announced by New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo in September 2011 to facilitate the 450mm wafer size transition. It is spearheaded by CNSE in partnership with Intel, IBM, GlobalFoundries, Samsung and TSMC. The new 450mm cleanroom is located at CNSE's Albany NanoTech Complex within the NanoFab Xtension (NFX) expansion.The Entegris products selected by the G450C comprise a comprehensive wafer handling solution that includes 450mm Multiple Application Carriers (MAC), 450mm Front Opening Pod (FOUP), 450mm Single Wafer Shippers (SWS), and an innovative packaging system. As part of its agreement with the G450C, Entegris has agreed to provide on-site service which will allow G450C to fully leverage Entegris' industry recognized expertise in engineering wafer handling solutions, ensuring G450C maximizes efficiency and accelerates the proliferation of 450mm processes. Paul Farrar Jr., CNSE Vice President for Manufacturing Innovation and General Manager of G450C, said, "Under the leadership and vision of Governor Andrew Cuomo, New York is firmly established as the hub for the critical industry evolution to 450mm wafer technology. We look forward to working closely with Entegris and to utilizing its capabilities to help enable the important transition to 450mm technology."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV