Nucor (NUE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Nucor fell $0.63 (-1.4%) to $44.16 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,160,322 shares of Nucor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,044,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.77-$44.97 after having opened the day at $44.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.79. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR (SBGL), down 45.6%, Crosshair Energy (CXZ), down 21.9%, Lake Shore Gold (LSG), down 8.3% and Minco Gold Corporation (MGH), down 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Nucor Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about NUE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV