As part of PG&E's Environmental Sustainability program, the utility seeks LEED certification for all new construction and major building remodel projects. PG&E has earned 11 LEED certifications for facilities throughout Northern and Central California and is currently submitting its San Francisco headquarters complex for a LEED Gold Certification. Submitting this complex as an entire block is an innovative and precedent-setting approach within the LEED system.
LEED is a green building framework developed by the U.S. Green Building Council to offer third-party verification of sustainable and energy efficient construction and operation practices. Unveiled in 2000, LEED offers four levels of certification, the highest being Platinum. For more information on LEED certification, visit http://www.usgbc.org/leed.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California. For more information, visit http://www.pge.com/about/newsroom/ and www.pgecurrents.com.
SOURCE Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV